Monday, April 11, 2011

Deep Breaths

Today is the start of a new day, a new beginning, a new journey. No I am not pregnant again... I think we are done now. But who knows, that may one day change again. You never know when that baby bug will come back.

Today I got my acceptance into the Nursing Program at the Community College. I am so nervous but very excited. I have not worked in a very long time and I have not been enrolled in college for even longer. The reality is that my kids are growing and in a few years, they will all be in school. I don't want to be home alone nor do I want to work in retail (please note, my current degree has cobwebs; I have not worked in Advertising since I had kids) so I started researching new career paths. The most important thing for me was to not disrupt my family's schedule. I wanted the flexibility to work part time but make descent money and be home for the bus. After talking with a good friend who is a Nurse, I found that maybe this would be the right choice. I could work a few nights per week and sleep while kids are in school, make a good paycheck, not sit at a desk or cash register (I get bored very easy), have a career that is exciting and always changing, have the ability to increase or decrease my hours as I see fit and do something that I can be proud of.

Now hopefully I can handle the course load. I signed up for my first two classes beginning in the fall. My life will certainly be busy over the next couple years but I am up for the challenge!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Tanya! I am so proud of you!

    Love- Dani

    ReplyDelete