Today is Jake's last day as a first grader! I can't believe I now will have two children in regular big kid school. Its amazing how fast time goes by. Jake had a great year in Mrs Costa's class. He started the year out not really wanting or trying to read anything to reading chapter books. His favorite things to read are non-fiction books especially ones about marine animals... maybe a marine biologist in the making. We received his report card yesterday and Matt and I were amazed with what he has done. He is so smart and loves to learn. He is very excited to start his reading work over the summer and writing in his journal. I hope this enthusiasm continues for years to come. His favorite class was gym and playing outside. Typical boy :) Dodge ball was his favorite thing to play in gym. He loved Science and kept a science journal on a pumpkin plant that he grew in school. He measured it, described what he did and what he saw each day. Really amazing work! His Math work is almost beyond what I know... i better go back to school to keep up and spelling was fantastic. I don't think he ever got a single word wrong on a spelling test all year! Very proud of both my boys.
Here is a picture of Jake and Gavin this morning before Jake went to school. Must be opposite day because Jake is wearing Gavins clothes and Gavin is wearing Jakes
Also look at these two pictures. Both are pre-school graduation pictures... notice anything that may be the same! I guess that is what happens when you pass clothes down. I did not plan this at all!!
some other pics...
No comments:
Post a Comment