Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Field Trip

Jacob finally had his first field trip with the first grade yesterday. They had another one scheduled at the beginning of the year but it got rained out... twice! This time we got to go the beach to learn about marine life. It was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun. Don't get nervous about Jake's face! He fell on the concrete at CVS. Also... no we are not Cardinal fans... only for Rookie baseball (this is his baseball team hat). Here are some highlights from the day...

Tasting seaweed... he said it was great! He made me taste it too. Tastes like salt water





Checking out different kinds of crabs




Having fun

Digging to make a tide pool

I think this was a hermit crab

Best buds







relaxing with chowder and clam cakes

searching for scavenger list items




Jacob was in charge of the list





The reason why we needed to buy new sneakers that afternoon





We had a great weekend as well. Unfortunately I did not have my camera to catch any of the fun moments such our first boat ride of the season with our friends Helen and Kurt and their son Drew. It was pretty cold but a lot of fun. After we had smores with the biggest marshmallows I have ever seen. I do have a picture of Chloe drinking a dells lemonade. It was mine... I may have gotten one sip! And Gavin in backyard. I know his hair is out of control but not too worry... he had a haircut on Sunday! See the difference :)

No comments:

Post a Comment