Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend



We had such an amazing weekend and the weather was perfect. On Friday, we changed Chloe's car seat so it now faces forward. She is getting to be such a big girl now. I wanted to try to keep her backwards till she was 2 but she was so squished and miserable. I can't believe she is 20 months old already!!! Saturday started out pretty rocky... Matt went outside to wash his car and noticed he had a flat tire. We took it in to find it was still under warranty so it cost us only 1/4 of what it would have! Huge plus. They also did a diagnostic test on it cause his check engine light was on. Looks like he needs a tune-up and a pipe in his exhaust. We are still waiting for the estimate but we are hoping it does not cost a small fortune... fingers crossed! After we went to the store and picked up some food to cook on the grill. Our friend Kim and her son Jake came over and we had a fire complete with smores and drinks for the adults. It was a lot of fun.

Sunday morning, I went to best buy and picked up my new camera. I got the Nikon D3000. I am so excited as its my first SLR camera. I have a lot to learn but I am very excited. Trying to figure out how to blur the background in pictures so if anyone knows, please tell!!! After that we went to my dad's for a cookout. We had a lot of fun catching up with family and the kids made a nice mud bath with the water from the kiddie pool. They got nice and dirty!



Monday we went to Block Island. We have gone every year since we had kids and we all look forward to it. On the way down it was pretty cold and it was drizzling. We took the high speed ferry in which was nice. It is very comfortable and gets you there fast! We went for a walk around the island and on the beach. The waves were crashing which made Chloe a bit nervous but she warmed up to it after a while. We had lunch at the national
after and visited some shops.
The sun started shinning and the heat began. It was beautiful. We went back to the beach and the boys had a great time protecting the Mickey Mouse sand castle from the giant freezing waves! Mickey unfortunately lost the battle but the boys put on a good fight. Chloe took a while to warm up to the fact that her feet would get sand on them. I guess she doesn't remember practically living on the beach last year. Once she got use to it we went for a walk and spotted a seagull which she loved. After we had some ice cream and took the traditional ferry home. We had a great day!





1 comment:

  1. Great pics! Congrats on the new camera. _jess

    ReplyDelete