This week Jacob and Gavin had their first days of school! It was very exciting and a little scary for them and sad but exciting for me. I know many people look forward to the end of the summer; for their kids to get back on a schedule and back in school... not me! I enjoy having them home, playing with them, enjoying our time together by doing fun things and not living by a schedule. I love just being carefree. Well the carefree summer days are officially over! Jake being gone all day at school is sad for me. Gavin, Chloe and I miss him terribly! Gavin just started preschool which he goes 3 half days a week. This is great but he isn't my baby boy anymore. He is growing up! Again, sad for me! But I do love when they come home and I get to hear all about their days and see the school work and hear all about what they learned and about the friendships they have made.
Jacob is now in First Grade! I can't believe that he is in school all day and is taking the bus! I was afraid of him riding the bus but he really wanted to so we gave it a try. He loves waiting at the bus stop each morning with his best pal Colin! The ride is short, thank goodness! They are the last stop on the way to school and the first stop home! His first day was a little rough... it is a lot different than going just a few hours and he was unsure as to what to do. He got lost, wasn't sure where he should line up... etc.. Now after a couple days, he is getting use to it and is excited when he comes home. His favorite part of the day... recess... go figure! He gets 2 recesses per day and gets to play with his friends whom are not in his class. He loves his teacher and so far is doing great!
Then it was Gavin's turn! I was worried about him because this was his first time ever without one of us being with him. He always has his big brother by his side and this was his first major event that he didn't share with Jacob. Gavin surprised us, he was not nervous at all! He goes to the same preschool that Jake did and has the same teachers which helps a lot. He knows them very well and was so excited to be a part of their class. As we were driving to school, he asked Matt and I if we could drop him off at school, he didn't want us to stay! Mr. Independent!!! When we arrived at school, there was a special greeter...Buzz Lightyear! What could be cooler than that! He got settled and we left. When we picked him up, we got big hugs and his teachers said he had a great first day! When we asked what he did, he said "I wrote my name and did a project" Soo cute! The second day went just as well... though he didn't understand why Buzz Lightyear didn't come again!
It is very exciting to see them grow and learn. But its sad to have my babies away, especially for long periods of time. How many more days till next summer????
Tanya- I love this blog...what a nice way to record this time in your lives as a family. It will be so nice for the kids to look back and read when they are older! I agree with you in so many ways....I LOVE having my kids with me...I LOVE the carefree summer days too. My only complaint is my girlies growing up too fast, but I have certainly enjoyed every moment with them; and clearly you do as well. Every stage is fun and exciting!! I hope I feel the same way when they are teenagers!! LOL!! I am so glad the boys are doing well in school. I wish I could have kept Jacob in my class forever! He is such a joy!! I do get to peek in on him and see him in the hallways...thankfully with a big smile and a wave for me. I hope I get Gavin for K!!!! Keep up the great work here! I love it!!! Kristen Abood :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!!! He loves you! Thank you for looking out for him and helping him find his way :) I am requesting that Gavin gets you as his teacher next year!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love it. This blog is great! Colin loves Buzz Lightyear so he was excited to see him at Gavin's school. He was also excited to see that he made it into the Langlois family blog. =-) Keep blogging...
ReplyDelete