Monday, September 27, 2010

Six Again... ok more like Seven

Jacob turned the big SEVEN yesterday! I told him there was no more growing after 6. But I lost that battle. He insisted on Saturday night that when he woke up he would be seven. OK I guess I cant stop him from growing but it was worth a shot. He is such a big boy now. Something about the number Seven feels so big. Maybe its because he is in all day school now, or maybe its how he makes his own decisions, or knows and communicates his likes and dislikes, how he has a preference with friends now (which I love them all- good job Jacob), how he does his own homework with little help... the list goes on. I am so happy with the boy he has become. He is a great son, brother and friend.

Sunday morning Jake woke up very early and went on the hunt for his present. He searched pretty hard before he found it on the kitchen table... like I said, it was early! He opened it and was very excited with what he got

I made pumpkin bread for his special birthday breakfast and then Jake and dad went off to take team football pictures. Jake was nice enough to let Gavin play with his DS while he was gone.

After we headed to his birthday party at Monster Golf. I have to say, it was a pretty cool place to have a birthday party. The party room was decorated with skeletons and rotating pictures. It even had a guillotine chair which all the kids took turns posing in. They ran around and had fun while the adults got to catch up. Jake doesn't like cake so I made him special cupcakes. After the kids went off to play golf. The golf course is dark and everything is glow in the dark. It was complete with lots of scary things of the night. The kids had a great time. After they played some games and redeemed their tickets for prizes. It was a great party.











Later we went to my mom and step dads for a family party. My sister and her boyfriend Seth were also there. We opened presents, had a nice dinner and sang happy birthday with blueberry crumb cake (remember Jake doesn't like birthday cake) and had hoodsie cups.





Jake had a smile from ear to ear all day. It was a great birthday.

3 comments:

  1. How cute. What a great day for Jake! Hope he has a wonderful seventh year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! We love Jake too. He's a great kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Jacob! Looks like a fun day for everyone. Very special!! If you figure out how to make the kiddos stop growing up let me know! I say that to my girls every year on their birthdays too. Although every stage is exciting, it is sad to see them grow so fast.

    ReplyDelete